Linksys E2500 Default Password: For all versions of Linksys E2500 N600 Router, the default password is the “admin”. With most passwords, the E2500 router default password is case sensitive.
Although some Linksys routers do not require a default user name, the Linksys E2500 router uses: It uses the “admin” default user name. It uses the “admin” for both passwords and user names by default.
Like the other Linksys router, the default IP address to be used to reach the 192.168.1.1.
Note: There are three different hardware versions for Linksys E2500, but they all use the same username, password and IP address.
When the Linksys E2500 Default Password Doesn’t Work
If the router is first installed, then the Linksys E2500 default password and user name are always the same, but you can both (and) change unique and quite safely.
Of course, its only fall is that it is easy to forget new, more complex, word and number administrators and administrators. If you do not know the specified username and password to the router, then you have to reset it to your factory settings.
Resetting the E2500 to its factory default settings is the only way to restore the default username and password. Here’s how:
- First, the router should be plugged in and powered on.
- Physically turn the E2500 over so you have full access to the bottom side.
- Using a small, sharp object such as a straightened paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for 5 to 10 seconds. Continue to press the Reset button until the Ethernet port lights on the back flash at the same time.
- Unplug the power cable for 10 to 15 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Wait 30 seconds before continuing so that the E2500 has plenty of time to boot back up.
- Confirm that the network cable is still attached to the computer and router.
When You Can’t Access Your E2500 Router
Now that the settings have been restored, you can access the Linksys E2500 at 192.168.1.1 with the default login information for both the user name and the password.
If you want an extra layer of security, be sure to change the router’s password to something safe, as well as change the username. It’s a good idea to store a new password in a free password manager so that you never forget it.
Now, you need to reconfigure your wireless network settings because resetting E2500 has removed all your custom ones. It has your network name, network password, and any other custom settings configured such as port forwarding rules or custom DNS servers.
When You Can’t Access Your E2500 Router, contact to Linksys Support Number (800) 245-6042 to find out the solutions.
Submit your review