Linksys E4200 Default Password is “admin” for the router. This password is case-sensitive, so make sure you spell it here as if we do not have any capital letters.
The user name field can be left blank because E4200 does not have the default user name.
Linksys E4200 has a default IP address, however – 192.168.1.1. You are connected to the router to log in.
Note: Linksys E4200 v2 is sold and marketed as a separate router compared to the E4200, but it is a slightly upgraded version of the same device.
The default password for both routers is the same, but v2 needs to be entered as a user name.
When the Linksys E4200 Default Password Doesn’t Work
If you are not working with the default administrator password when trying to log in to your Linksys E4200, it probably means that you’ve changed the password safely, but you have forgotten what you chose.
This is a warning to choose a new password – it is a great practice but it also means that you can not easily understand what it is. However, if you forget your E4200 password, you can reset your factory router to your factory default settings in order to reset the password administrator (you can reset it again if you are resetting it) .
Here’s how to reset the E4200 router:
- Make sure the router is plugged in and powered on.
- There should be a light on somewhere to indicate this, like around the network cable or somewhere on the front of the device.
- Flip the router over so that you have access to the bottom.
- With something small and pointy (like a paperclip), press and hold down the tiny Reset button for 5-10 seconds.
- The idea here is to hold the button down until all the port lights flash at the same time. The Ethernet port lights are on the back of the router.
- Wait a good 30 seconds for the Linksys E4200 to reset, and then unplug the power cable for a few seconds.
- Plug the power cable back in and wait another 30 seconds or so for the router to fully boot up.
- Now that the E4200 has been reset, you can access the router at 192.168.1.1 with the default information from above. Remember that the admin username is needed for the E4200v2.
- You need to change the router’s default password now that you’ve reset it to admin, which is not a secure password. To encourage you to make a complex password, and to avoid forgetting it again, you can store it in a free password manager.
Resetting E4200 not only leaves usernames and passwords, but also does not have any other custom settings you have configured. For example, if you had installed a wireless network before resetting the router, you would have to re-enter that information – SSID, wireless password etc.
If you want, you can back up those custom settings in a file so that you can restore them all at once if you have to reset the router in the future. This is done through the administration of the router> management menu.
What to Do When You Can’t Access the E4200 Router? You may call to Linksys Support Number (800) 245-6042
Submit your review