Linksys EA6500 default password is “admin” for both versions of the router. With most passwords, the Linksys EA6500 default password is case-sensitive. When you log in for the first time, some link router does not require a user name, but EA6500 has a default user name, and it is similar to the password: admin. The default IP address of the Linkes EA 6500 router is similar to most linkys router: 192.168.1.1.
When the Linksys EA6500 Default Password Doesn’t Work
At some point during the life of your special Cisco Linksys EA 6500 router, the default password might have been changed, which is a good thing, and you have forgotten what it has changed.
No worries, you can restore the software to EA 6500 in your default state to restore the default password.
How to Restore to Factory Defaults
You usually restore a router using a special button or sequence of actions. Here’s how it’s done on the Linksys EA6500:
- With the router plugged in and powered on, turn it around so that you have full access to the back.
- With a paperclip or something else thin and pointy, press down on the Reset button for 5 to 10 seconds and hold it down until the network cable lights flash at the same time.
- Remove the power cable from the router for 10 to 15 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Give the Linksys EA6500 30 seconds to fully boot back up before continuing.
- Make sure all the cables are still attached and then turn the router back around to its normal position.
- With the EA6500 reset to factory defaults, you can log in at 192.168.1.1 with the default username and password (both are admin).
Be sure to save the default router password on your EA6500 as soon as possible. Then, use a free password manager so you never forget your new password.
At this point, Cisco Linksys EA 6500 has now been reset, any custom settings you entered in the router are excluded and need to be re-entered. This means that the wireless network SSID and password have gone away, any custom DNS server settings have been removed, and the port forwarding details have expired.
Now, you need to reconfigure your Linksys EA6500 with new settings. You may contact to Linksys Support Number (800) 245-6042
Submit your review